Thursday 10 May 2012

View of Loch Venachar and Loch Drunkie

On with the walking shoes today and a trip to Callendar to get in a forest walk which takes in some lovely views of Ben Venue as well as getting close to the waters of a couple of lochs.   A good solid 8 miler.

I'd never heard of Loch Drunkie I must say and I'm curious to find out how it got its name - some research is needed I think.   Needless to say I was sober as I meandered round lochs and through forest trails.

The sun keeked out occassionally and there was an ever present threat of some wet stuff but came to nothing.

This picture is looking over Loch Venacher towards Ben Venue.


Boathouse on Loch Venacher



Came across this clearing after following an ancient track.   I thought I'd followed the wrong road when hidden to the right in amongst the trees was the way onward. Phew!



Finally Loch Drunkie and as you can see the clouds came over just as I got there and makes for a dramatic shot I think.



6 comments:

  1. Wow, that is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,
      Thank you - it is amazing what happens weatherwise especially here in Scotland when it is possible to get four seasons in one day.
      Celia

      Delete
  2. Very dramatic, this last one, Celia, with the glassy loch and heavy clouds above. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Annie - it was just in that moment when I arrived at the Loch. Glad I was able to get the camera out in time.
      Take care
      Celia x

      Delete
  3. Some hauntingly gorgeous shots here Celia. Isn't it wonderful to combine walking and photography in a day ? J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two of my most favourite pastimes enjoyed.

      Delete

It's always lovely to hear from you.